Credit analysis for business is an essential tool in the banking environment, as it helps to mitigate risk to the bank. Being skilled in the field of credit analysis will enable you to ensure that businesses can afford to meet their debt obligations to the bank to generate profitable lending decisions.
This course focuses on developing a holistic view of credit evaluation by acquiring the knowledge and skills to enable you to analyse companies in terms of industry risk, financials and availability of collateral. You will also be able to make decisions on whether or not to lend money, and to evaluate which type of credit product is best suited to the client’s needs.
This course is suitable for students who would like to operate in a business credit environment in a bank where company loan applications are evaluated.
On successful completion of this short course, you will able to:
- identify the correct credit product for a business client.
- evaluate a credit application for a business client, based on an analysis of financial statements and other information.
- acquire suitable security or collateral given a credit application from a client.
- make a lending decision taking into consideration the concept of credit risk.
- This course has no admission requirements.
- A good level of English reading and writing proficiency is required.
Students need to complete the following process in order to register for this course.
Before applying, be sure that you:
- meet the minimum entry requirements as per the course programme brochure.
- adhere to the admission closing dates as per the course programme timetable.
- have all required documentation available as set out in the course program brochure.
Contact our student service centre at 086 999 0001 where a consultant will gladly assist you by completing your admission application on your behalf.