In today’s fast‐moving world, many managers and supervisors are expected to deal with some human resource issues. They may be asked to take part in developing job descriptions, participate in interviews, or take responsibility for discipline. This course will introduce those managers to human resource concepts. We will walk you through the hiring process, from performing a skills inventory to conducting the interview; discuss orientation; and cover some issues that arise after the hiring (such as diversity issues, compensation, and discipline).
Online learning provides you with the opportunity to complete the course in a flexible environment from any location. While you will be required to spend time online weekly, you will be able to structure your study time around your own unique work/personal schedule.
On successful completion of this short course, you will able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of Human Resource Management.
- design a workforce planning process.
- apply methods of finding, selecting, and keeping the best people using behavioural description interviewing techniques.
- get new employees off to a good start.
- understand skills development in the organisation.
- manage diversity in the workplace.
Open enrolment. Proficiency in English is required.
A knowledge, comprehension and application of the English language at NQF Level 4 (Grade 12 or equivalent level) is required.
Minimum system requirements:
- Reliable broadband Internet access
- Firefox/Internet explorer/Chrome web browser
- Microsoft Word
- PDF Viewer
- Ability to scan and upload documents
- Email/Cellphone for notification and communication
Students need to complete the following process in order to register for this course.
Before applying, be sure that you:
- meet the minimum entry requirements as per the course programme brochure.
- adhere to the admission closing dates as per the course programme timetable.
- have all required documentation available as set out in the course program brochure.
Contact our student service centre at 086 999 0001 where a consultant will gladly assist you by completing your admission application on your behalf.