Milpark Education launches the National Certificate in Generic Management
Milpark Education’s College has launched a new online accredited qualification, the National Certificate in Generic Management. The course launches on 24 January 2017 - where classes for the first module will commence - and runs until 4 July, 2018. The National Certificate in Generic Management is quality assured by the South African Board of People Practices (SABPP). The qualification is aligned to NQF level 5 rating and it “forms part of a learning pathway of management qualifications across various sectors and industries,” explained Maritsa Grewe, Milpark College Academic Manager.
Milpark Education boasts an interactive learning experience that is flexible enough for students to study at their own convenience, independently of place and time. Students participate in live online lecturing sessions and asynchronous online group discussions - multiple instances of assessment will ensure student progress.
The focus of this qualification is to enable learners to develop competence in a range of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values including:
- Initiating, developing, implementing and evaluating operational strategies, projects and action plans, and where appropriate, recommending change within teams and/or the unit so as to improve the effectiveness of the unit.
- Monitoring and measuring performance and applying continuous or innovative improvement interventions in the unit in order to attain its desired outcomes, including customer satisfaction, and thereby contributing towards the achievement of the objectives and vision of the entity.
- Leading a team of first line managers by capitalising on the talents of team members and promoting synergistic interaction between individuals and teams. To enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness in order to achieve the goals of the entity.
- Building relationships using communication processes both vertically and horizontally within the unit with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain to ensure the achievement of intended outcomes.
- Applying the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks in order to ensure the effectiveness and sustainability of the unit.
- Enhancing the development of teams and team members through facilitating the acquisition of skills, coaching, providing career direction, and capitalising on diversity in the unit.
If you’ve a penchant for generic management studies then this course is for you. Applications for the 24 January 2017 intake are open and you can visit our website for more information or by contacting Student Services on 086 999 0030.
14 Dec 2016