Knowing how to manage time, budgets, people and other resources, while meeting customer expectations, is of utmost importance in any job. It’s a crucial skillset in the field of project management.
Milpark Education’s Fundamentals of Project Management course is designed around the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK), and will equip you with the foundational knowledge you need to meaningfully contribute to the conceptualisation, planning, execution, monitoring and performance evaluation of projects. The course follows the project management lifecycle approach, and progressively introduces you to a logical sequence of project management processes.
This course is suitable for students who are considering entering into a career in project management. It’s suitable for students who want to gain a better understanding of the fundamental principles of project management to prepare for further study, or because they are in a functional management role and want to understand how project management will impact on their department.
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge and an understanding of Project Management as a contemporary management approach with unique benefits in comparison with traditional management approaches.
- demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the project lifecycle approach in the structuring of projects and the applications of the PMBoK project management knowledge areas and process groups at different stages of the project lifecycle.
- demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the four major project constraints and the interdependencies between them.
- demonstrate understanding of the importance of and ways to contribute to effective communication and interpersonal skills in a project environment.
- develop basic project management documents, including project planning, monitoring, and evaluation and reporting tools.
- This course has no admission requirements.
- A good level of English reading and writing proficiency is required.
Students need to complete the following process in order to register for this course.
Before applying, be sure that you:
- meet the minimum entry requirements as per the course programme brochure.
- adhere to the admission closing dates as per the course programme timetable.
- have all required documentation available as set out in the course program brochure.
Contact our student service centre at 086 999 0001 where a consultant will gladly assist you by completing your admission application on your behalf.