You must pass at least one certification exam in order to earn the MOS credential. The MOS exams provide a valid and reliable measure of technical proficiency and expertise in Microsoft Office by evaluating the ability to use the advanced features in the products to solve real-world business problems.
Although Milpark is offering contact learning classes and distance learning tuition towards the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification, the course is examined and certified by Certiport (http://www.certiport.com).
When you pass a Microsoft Certification exam, you become a member of the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) community with access to all of the benefits provided through the Microsoft Certification Program. You can use your Microsoft account to access the MCP member sites, where you’ll find lots of ways to keep your skills relevant, applicable, and competitive.
WHO SHOULD DO THIS COURSE?
This course is right for you if you have one or more of the training or career needs below:
- I would like to obtain technical proficiency and expertise in Microsoft Office.
- I would like to use the advanced features in Microsoft Office to solve real-world business problems
- I would like to become a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), which will allow me to effectively use the functionalities of Microsoft Office, and boost my career options.
- I would like to prove my competence by passing the internationally recognised external Microsoft exams.
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification - MS Office 2013
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Office 2013
- Topic A: Common Features
- Topic B: Office 2013 and the Cloud
Lesson 2: Working with Microsoft Word 2013
- Topic A: Edit a PDF
- Topic B: Work with Tables
- Topic C: Embed Video
- Topic D: Edit Documents
- Topic E: Read Documents
Lesson 3: Working with Microsoft Excel 2013
- Topic A: Streamline Workflow with Templates
- Topic B: Accelerate Data Insertion with Flash Fill
- Topic C: Incorporate Charts
- Topic D: Analyse Data
Lesson 4: Working with Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
- Topic A: Apply a Theme from the Start Screen
- Topic B: Topic B: Leverage the Enhanced Presenter View
- Topic C: Topic C: Collaborate with Colleagues on a Single Presentation
- Topic D: Incorporate Objects
Lesson 5: Working with Microsoft Access 2013
- Topic A: Explore Web Apps
- Topic B: Utilise Templates
Lesson 6: Working with Microsoft Outlook 2013
- Topic A: Navigate Through Mail, Calendars, Contacts, and Tasks
- Topic B: Connect to Social Networks
- Topic C: Identify Additional Outlook 2013 Features.
- Grade 10, old Standard 8 or equivalent
- Computer literacy
- Access to a PC or laptop, with internet connectivity.
Minimum system requirements:
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB or higher recommended)
- Screen resolution of 1 024 × 768
- Pentium IV