The 21st century has ushered in not only worldwide challenges and uncertainty, but also vast opportunities for the astute entrepreneur. Milpark Business School’s New Venture Creation course is designed with those entrepreneurs in mind. This course covers the process of getting a new venture started, growing the venture, successfully harvesting it, and starting again. It exposes you to the vital issues of starting a new venture, immersing you in key learning experiences, such as a critical self‐assessment and the practical development of a business plan. This course is suitable for students who have some work experience and who either want to become an entrepreneur, or have had some experience with starting a new venture and want to benefit from hands‐on experiences to shorten your learning curve and reduce risk.
On successful completion of this short course, you will able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the multifaceted nature of the entrepreneur.
- Craft a personal entrepreneurial strategy.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the entrepreneurial process.
- Demonstrate how to identify, create, shape, screen and seize a sustainable opportunity.
- Demonstrate an understanding of social entrepreneurship and identify the opportunities it presents.
- Apply the requirements needed for writing up a business plan.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the entrepreneurial leader; the building of effective teams and the ethical dilemmas in entrepreneurship.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different factors that should be considered when financing entrepreneurial ventures.
- This course has no admission requirements.
- A good level of English reading and writing proficiency is required.
Students need to complete the following process in order to register for this course.
Before applying, be sure that you:
- meet the minimum entry requirements as per the course programme brochure.
- adhere to the admission closing dates as per the course programme timetable.
- have all required documentation available as set out in the course program brochure.
Contact our student service centre at 086 999 0001 where a consultant will gladly assist you by completing your admission application on your behalf.