The supply chain is a crucial part of the success of any business. Optimising the flow of products and services as they are planned, sourced, made, delivered, and returned can give your business an extra competitive edge.
This course will introduce you to the basic concepts of supply chain management, including the basic flow, core models, supply chain drivers, key metrics, benchmarking techniques, and ideas for taking your supply chain to the next level.
This course is best suited to students who are involved in product development, sourcing and procurement, production, logistics, distribution, and the use of information systems for the purpose of co-ordinating these activities.
On successful completion of this short course, you will able to:
- define supply chain management and logistics.
- explain the vertical integration and virtual integration models.
- understand the stages in the basic supply chain flow.
- identify participants in the supply chain.
- recognise supply chain drivers and ways to optimise them.
- align supply chain strategy with business strategy.
- determine what metrics to track and how to benchmark the related data.
- troubleshoot basic supply chain problems.
- identify ways to develop your supply chain, such as using third‐party logistics providers (3PL’s), insourcing processes, developing sustainable and eco‐friendly strategies, leveraging process improvement strategies and adopting new techniques.
- This course has no admission requirements.
- A good level of English reading and writing proficiency is recommended.
Students need to complete the following process in order to register for this course.
Before applying, be sure that you:
- meet the minimum entry requirements as per the course programme brochure.
- adhere to the admission closing dates as per the course programme timetable.
- have all required documentation available as set out in the course program brochure.
Contact our student service centre at 086 999 0001 where a consultant will gladly assist you by completing your admission application on your behalf.