The Milpark FET Certificate in Human Resources Management and People Practices qualification gets its accreditation renewed
Milpark Education’s College continues to provide access to a variety of accredited qualifications as the South African Board of People Practices (SABPP) renewed the accreditation of one of its courses, the Further Education and Training Certificate in Human Resource Management and Practice Support recently.
At a training forum held at the Milpark Education Claremont campus in Cape Town, SABPP’s Derisha Pillay handed Milpark Education’s College programme manager, Gillian Johnson, the accreditation certificate. The SABPP is the professional body for HR practitioners and a quality assurance body for HR learning provision in South Africa. It certifies the qualification in terms of set requirements of the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
Milpark College Academic Manager, Maritsa Grewe said: “the qualification is aligned to an NQF level 4 rating and it will allow you to become employable as an HRM generalist officer or in other HRM related positions. Students can articulate into the Diploma in Human Resource Management, NQF 5 which is offered online or via distance learning.”
Students need the qualification to increase their access to employment. It will enable persons who are fulfilling some of the support roles in human resources management and practices without formal qualifications to obtain recognition for their competence. The specified components in the core category will ensure portability across the Human Resources Management and Practices role clusters, whilst the elective category will make provision for specialisation in a specific area.
This qualification is focused on people that support and participate in human resources management and practices and they will be able to:
- Collect, collate, and distribute information related to people management in line with a given plan.
- Provide advice on or refer to the appropriate person in response to queries on organisation procedures related to people management.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of people dynamics and impact in the workplace.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the functioning of business and the role and contribution of individuals within organisations.
- Support the implementation of processes and systems related to human resources management and practices in all of the following role clusters:-
- Strategic planning for human resources management and practices, people and work.
- Acquisition, development, and utilisation of people.
- Establishment and improvement of labour and employee relations.
- Compensation and administration related to human resources management and practices.
Organisations require persons who are able to support human resources management processes and practices. If you want to know more about this qualification, you can leave us a message by completing the online form on the top right-hand side of this article. Alternatively, you can get in touch via Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
17 Mar 2017