Up-to-date knowledge and application skills in the arena of estate planning are crucial when you need to assist clients in developing holistic estate plans to ensure effective distribution of assets to intended heirs and to minimise unnecessary taxes at death. The Estate Planning course provides you with the knowledge and skills you need when devising a holistic estate plan for a client – including recommendations on saving estate duty as well as the ability to improve an existing estate plan. The course is offered and assessed on par with a Level 6 of the South African national qualifications framework (NQF6). The Estate Planning course is ideal for financial planners, fiduciary services practitioners and financial planning students who have a foundational knowledge of income tax, capital gains tax, estate duty, wills, intestate succession and the patrimonial consequences of the different marital regimes in South Africa, and who want to improve their estate planning knowledge and skills. Students who successfully complete this course will earn 27 FPI CPD points.
On successful completion of this short course, you will able to:
- understand the practical and monetary implications of an existing estate plan and be able to suggest improvements to the plan.
- apply knowledge of legislation and devise a new estate plan for a client, including recommending and utilising estate duty savings techniques.
- understand the role of trusts in estate planning and apply the estate duty techniques in relation to trusts.
- This course has no admission requirements.
- A good level of English reading and writing proficiency is required.
Students need to complete the following process in order to register for this course.
Before applying, be sure that you:
- meet the minimum entry requirements as per the course programme brochure.
- adhere to the admission closing dates as per the course programme timetable.
- have all required documentation available as set out in the course program brochure.
Contact our student service centre at 086 999 0001 where a consultant will gladly assist you by completing your admission application on your behalf.