This course is the intermediate level in the Financial Accounting Stream.
This programme is right for you, if you have one or more of the following training or career needs:
The purpose of the Further Education and Training Certificate in Bookkeeping is to provide you with a nationally accredited, internationally recognised bookkeeping qualification that will allow you to become employable as a Senior Bookkeeper, Junior Accountant, Assistant Accountant, Financial Services Officer, Credit Controller or Business Analyst. Alternatively, if you are already running your own business, this programme will ensure that you will be able to perform certain bookkeeping functions for your business.
After you have successfully completed this programme, you should be able to do or have knowledge of the following:
• Monthly bookkeeping to trial balance (manual and computerised)
• Disclose profit and financial position
• Reconcile suppliers
• Draw up inventory and bank statements
• Calculate PAYE/UIF/SDL
• Calculate payroll tax and other deductions
• Complete EMP201, EMP501, IRP5, IRP6 and IT3a documents and VAT returns
• Monthly bookkeeping
• Asset disposal
• Year-end adjustments
• Comply with International Financial Reporting Standards for SMEs
• Work with branch accounts
• Complete incomplete records
• Analyse financial statements
• Understand cash flow
• Work with basic cost and management accounts
• Prepare manufacturing accounts
• Costing and budgeting.
The Further Education and Training Certificate in Bookkeeping consists of the following six
|Bookkeeping to Trial Balance|
|Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns|
|Computerised Bookkeeping – you will need access to a PC or a laptop for this subject|
|Cost and Management Accounting|
Successful completion of the previous learning areas (1–4); i.e. hold the National Certificate:
Bookkeeping, NQF Level 3.
Applicants are required to be proficient in English prior to admission to the course. Applicants whose first
language is not English may be required to provide proof of proficiency.
Open registration throughout the year.
With your FET certificate in hand, why not continue your learning journey with us and register for one of our NQF Level 5 courses in the School of Commerce?